Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tough Girl

My monitor pretty much sucks, so a lot of the photos I upload look washed out and there's not much I can do about it until I get a new monitor. (It's not a calibration thing.) Anyway, I haven't had time to check what these photos look like on a normal monitor but I hope they look ok. Until I can fix them these will have to do.

This is my #13 head and I'm calling her Kat. She's another tough chick like Ace, and I finally have a body suitable for them. I decided not to do scarring or a frown on this one so as a result she's not as scary looking but trust me, she can still kick your butt, lol.






Yay! I really like the F03 head type. I've seen it painted really badly though and it's not as popular as a girl. A few ppl have made them into boys but I really like my F03 girls. I'll be doing a decent photo shoot for Ace soon.

EDIT: Oh, this is the sketch for her. Now you can see that the sketch --> final product usually isn't super similar...mainly due to the sculpt...and in the photos the lips look a lot darker than real life because of the gloss.



And for those interested, I only used a Rekab red sable brush in size 0 for all of the work. I know smaller brushes exist out there but the line weight when using a brush with a good tip on it is as much due to pressure on the tip as well as to brush size. I will eventually try to get a smaller brush since that should help with finer lashes but for now this is working for me.

And one more pic at a more straight on angle.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, she;s awesome. No pics of Ace? :,(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I will soon. I don't have all her clothes but I will figure something out. She's not a sleek girl and she needs rough and tumble clothes. She does clean up nice though but she more outwardly tough than Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She really looks like "Piss me off and you'll regret it" xD

    Love her eye-colour, beautiful doll as always! :D

    btw. how's Montblanc doing? xD

    ReplyDelete