Friday, July 1, 2011

Last Weekend NYC Doll Meet

Before this weekend starts, I just wanted to do a quick post about last weekend and the weekend before. I know, I'm so late.

So there was a bigger doll meet two weeks ago on Saturday that I was able to make. Usually I am not available because of familial duties but I was able to get there before everyone left. I brought my friend David this time since he is interested in minatures and such. There were a lot more dolls and the site was really nice. Here are pics of the ones that stood out. I didn't take that many photos because I was actually a bit overwhelmed and since I'm a bit shy, I was afraid to talk to ppl about their dolls. Trust me, there were some really cool dolls there.

Yes, the eyes really are glowing. There are LEDs in there and the owner wasn't around so I took photos lol.


Besides these I was able to get my grubby paws on a 5 star Aiden. The resin is really interesting in that it is super smooth to a shiny level and it is translucent. The one problem with this is that hybrids will be hard, but the doll was really cute irl. I believe the doll belonged to a girl named Eve but I'm not 100% sure.

I also want to post a little sneak peek at a new addition. I picked him up last weekend on Saturday and spent a nice hour or two with Jennifer (awesome person I bought him from) at Kinokuniya, the Japanese bookstore in NYC.


Not a very good photo, I know but he's so tiny it was really hard to focus the shot. Plus I has no tripod.

And lastly but not least, a shot of JunkySpot goodness. I got the 11cm obitsu of course and get ready for a mini me! (I have a character I call Lil' Wini, my alter ego who I will introduce here but this is not the same thing. Lil' Wini has a series of little cartoons of her that need to be drawn.)


See all the goodies? Thank you Emory!

Ok, to time go. Have an awesome 4th of July everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, we were definitely at the same doll meet! I must have just missed you. It was so much fun to meet up with you and hit kino we'll have to do it again soon! I plan to go to the July bjd meet for sure! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the obitsu. I need to repaint mine eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I will try to make the next one but I dunno who I'm bringing yet. I wish I could bring my Obitsus but i think this is BJD only!

    ReplyDelete