Monday, July 18, 2011

Friends on Forums

As you guys know, I am going through a rough time. My friends are very supportive and I am happy to say that even though I have only joined the doll community a few months ago, I have found some very wonderful ppl. I received two different packages from ppl I met through the doll community containing gifts.

The first package is from Spears. She is the owner of Feng Pei who was actually my first completed commission. This is what I found...

Isn't it wonderful? She sent me a Japanese style table and some cake & cookies she made herself! If you click on the picture you can even see the cake crumbs she made on the plates. So detailed. All the happy face cookies really did cheer me up when I saw them. This is actually the first doll furniture and food I own. Thanks so much!

The second package was from cirquemom who I met on the Dollieh Sanctuary form. She is one of the senior members and has a lot of experience. When she mentioned she had a free Obitsu head to give away, I jumped at the chance and happened to be the first one to respond. Of course I only expected one head but this is what I found...


!!! Three heads and one of them is a resin head. I was flabbergasted. She didn't even ask me to pay for shipping. Look! There is a big painted eye head for me to play with. It's such a cute sculpt. It is the 60HD-F06W which is a lot cuter in shape than the 60HD-F01. The great thing about this head is that you can purchase it separately in Normal Skin unlike the F01! I think with such a cute shape I have to do a cute cute girl with huuuuge eyes. Maybe she will be a fox spirit. ( I didn't take a photo but htere is a very cute little obitsu elephant on the back of her head)

The other Obitsu head is the default 50cm head which I've been very curious about. It is very similar to the Designer head except that the eyes are different shapes. I was surprised to see it was so much smaller than the 60cm heads. Here's a pic with a blank Gretel head for comparison. (that isn't Cerise but I might mod her to be a sleepy eyed Cerise.)


Tiny right? It is really MSD sized. It has a cute :3 face. I wonder if the designer head is like that too. It seems I might have a devilish nekomimi in this one ^__^.

The last head is a resin SD sized girl head from ledolls.com I think. Limited Edition Dolls. I can't find any info about her but her sculpt name Bridget is engraved in the back of her head. She has a very sweet gentle face. I wrote Cirquemom to be sure there wasn't a mistake and she told me to feel free to reface her!!!

So yes a lot of very nice things have happened! Oh and yes, I was runner up in the Junky Spot Mini-me contest! So unexpected. My favorite to win did win as well! Check out Trethowan's awesome entries here. My favorite is the lying down one. I'm not sure what I won but I'm excited!


2 comments: