Saturday, July 16, 2011

Double Booked

Augh, I have never made this mistake and I never saw it coming but I managed to double book myself by mistake. The mistake literally took a second to happen. On Monday this week I got an e-mail from Company A about putting me on hold for next week. I had previously interviewed with Company B but had not heard back from them about whether they really wanted me to work with them. So as I was about to hit the send button to say yes to being put on 1st hold with Company A, the nice lady from Company B called and asked if I was free this week starting Tuesday. I said 'Yes' as I remembered what I was doing and hit send on my e-mail!

Needless to say that was a move made without thinking and although Company A has put me on hold without calling back before, this time it didn't happen. I tried getting out of it but Company A said they needed me because I was one of the original animators on the project they need revised. Company B meanwhile turns out to be a 5 week job.

I stressed about it the entire week while working for Company B (I was sculpting and painting heads for them all this week) and tried to get Company A to accept a replacement for me. They finally said they were booking me and I had to tell Company B ( who is under pressure and needs everyone to be working and cooperating) about what happened. Everyone at Company B is very nice and were so kind to work out a schedule with me so that I can work during the weekends and at home during the next week or two. It will be hard but I don't want to let anyone down. I will still be working on commissions so don't worry. I know some ppl have deadlines to meet for their heads so I will be diligent.

As for my dad, we went to the doctor today. His cancer marker count has risen and we will have to see if he responds well to the new medication. I am wishing for a medical miracle. He is so tired these days and has no appetite but he is being brave and even forcing himself to eat food. At least he isn't nauseous so he can keep his food down. It's just a matter of eating enough to keep his energy up. After these two jobs I am hoping to take a break to spend more time with him. Perhaps rent or buy a wheel chair and go on day trips since he doesn't have the energy for extensive walks.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. That sounds....stressful. But, Invie, I will pray for your father and, I hope it gets better for you guys!!! D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he starts feeling better. I bet the day trips would pick up his spirits at least.

    ReplyDelete