Monday, June 13, 2011

First Doll Meetup!

I went to my first meet yesterday and it was quite nice. I was very apprehensive at first and tried to talk some friends into going with me and being my army lol. I get scared that ppl might be mean or whatnot since my dolls are not done and in their proper clothes or presented the way they should be. Needless to say, my worries were unjustified and I was just being a spaz.

The dollmeet was interesting because I got to see a lot of dolls I would never have been able to otherwise. I handled a few SDs and I really believe the 70cms to be too big for me. I think I am ok up to 60cm but I'm not completely sure yet. Anyway Here are the fabulous dolls that were there. Sorry for the bad photos. I used my phone since I could not justify bringing my bf's expensive camera.

Note: I believe that BBB is actually an Ariel, not a Sprite. Her ears are Ariel ears and I remember her eyes not being as big as the Sprite eyes are.


Look how much bigger Shandel is that Zi'li! Shandel is amazing and seeing one in person makes me want to paint them even more. Surprisingly, as you can see from the photo, her head isn't much bigger than Zi'lis. (Er sorry about Zi'lis hair. She looks good as a blonde but I will get her wig soon.)




I fell in love with this beautiful Dollmore Kid Pado. He is so much more beautiful in real life than in the product photos from Dollmore. Charlie was quite taken with him and seemed to easily wrap him around her little finger.



My darling Aili looking so beautiful and a little lonely. I am sad to announce that she is in the process of being sold and I will miss her so much. I've had her for so long and she has been one of my favorites. I actually took her around to show her to ppl because I was so happy with her. She was quite well received and I'm glad I at least got to take her around for a day trip before I let her go.


Overall I quite liked the meet. I learned some things including that ZM spray is better on tan skin. We'll see. I only have MSC right now but I will procure some ZM and do a comparison for everyone. The one bad thing that happened is that Oun's headcap got broken. She was knocked around three times and fell flat on her face once. Her face is fine and even though her headcap doesn't show and I can fix it easily it still makes me sad. Me thinks I will keep her seated at meets from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Where I am there are, like, NO DOLL MEETS AT ALL. How tall is that EID doll? She is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iplehouse EID is 70cm! My girl is only 42cm but I think her size is great.

    I held a boy EID for a while and he is really heavy. His limbs and joints are huuuuge. I was really afraid to try out his chest joint because I was afraid to drop him lol.

    ReplyDelete