Tuesday, June 28, 2011

'Nother Biggun'

I'm kind of addicted to the big ones lol. Cause they are a bit easier to paint due to the size and less of an eyestrain. They do take just as much time or longer because of the area I need to cover and the blending for the gradient in the eyes is harder. Still, I really like painting them. She's up for sale on ebay. I think the only big Obitsu head I will keep is Cerise and probably a sleepy version of her.


EDIT: This is the sketch for the head. Just thought you guys might like to see it.

3 comments:

  1. I remember you saying the end product almost always is different from the sketch, but this is dead on!! What kind of bust is that anyway? I'm not sure if it's obitsu or resin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's a Dollfie Dream bust in Normal skin. The color isnt exact but its not too bad. The DD skin color is a bit darker than the Obitsu Normal skin but not bad at all. I really like the OBitsu normal skin color. It's close to lightly tanned skin color in real life and is super lovely. I think I might have to get one in the future lol. (I like the DD bust sculpt better though so I might switch out parts.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....and the sketch is a bit different lol. They heads have super tiny lips...but yeah this one is very close. I think it's easier cause the head is so much bigger. My eyes are in a bit of pain from painting a small obitsu head atm.

    ReplyDelete