Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Commission updates

So Audry is completed and approved but I don't have a return address to send her off to since the owner had ordered the head from Volks and had her sent directly to me!!! I have sent an e-mail to the owner but have not had a reply yet. Hopefully she will be claimed. This is a photo of her glossed. Her banks keep falling into her face so I didn't put her on a body for a photo.



This weekend I spent a lot of time on faceups. The weather was quite nice so I was able to spray to my hearts content. This is a Doll Leaves Wish. He is so beautiful. I got him for my own collection but since I put a rarer doll on hold I have to let him go for now and eventually replace him. Doll Leaves have incredibly beautiful MSD sculpts. The bodies pose pretty well as well as being nicely proportioned. They are on the slimmer side as most new Chinese BJDs are including ResinSoul. I prefer Doll Leaves bodies to ResinSoul but my favorite is still Custom House for MSD bodies. Doll Leaves produces my favorite MSD headsculpts thus far in terms of constant hits though I am still in love with Dollmore Pado and Hujoo Cora.

This is my Wish without his eyelashes. He is wearing the default 14mm acrylics he came with. He doesn't have a name yet but he was supposed to be the companion to my Dikadoll Rena (Lael). Joshua seems like a good name though.



Now let's compare him with 12mm glass eyes. I really like how his face takes on different expressions depending on the angle of his head and the position of his eyes. I didn't play around that much with his eyes in these photos but I did while doing his faceup. Still, he looks quite sullen in some shots but rather innocent in others. I'm sad to let him go but I can easily replace the sculpt....Hopefully I can redo the faceup from these photos.



Let me know what you guys think of his faceup. I am rather proud of this one and I feel like I am getting better.

Two other faceups I worked on but are still W.I.P. are commissions. I am having a little bit of trouble with updating the W.I.P. page so let me just post the pic here. The faceups are not natural but they will make sense later when they are finished.

1 comment:

  1. I already said I love the way you painting eyebrows and they're getting better and better! :D

    The doll heads in the last picture look interesting, especially the eyelashes *-*

    ReplyDelete