Monday, October 24, 2011

Commission #5 - BJD style 1/6 head

I didn't post this head in the W.I.P. because I just went ahead and finished it in one sitting. I wasn't told the name for the character but I was given and idea of her personality. She is kind and motherly. The challenge was that she has down turned eyes but she should not look sad. I was given reference to follow, and while I think I managed follow the reference fairly closely I think perhaps I followed it too closely? I would say this style ended up being more of a manga style than a BJD style. I will ask the owner whether they want anything changed.

The base is a normal skin Volks Dollfie head Type A head with rooted brown hair . For the coloring, she specified purple eyes, versatile but not too plain makeup with a sweet smile and rosy lips.

Here is a photo without gloss. I will take a better photo after she is glossed.



The references were from Gin Jaba Tank's illustrations. This was the one I followed most closely as it seemed to resemble the personality of the character specified.



As you can see, she's not my normal style but it was really fun. I have a bunch of volks midi heads that I might do in a similar style. But I might adapt it a bit.

I'll let you guys know if she's been approved soon. Until then I will be working on Eden and Asuka before I move on to maywong's and Janet T's heads.


4 comments:

  1. I guess Montblanc is now completely neglected? xD

    Her eyes look wonderful! Such a unique style, really beautiful! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome! Really nice, and all in one sitting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hyony!!! No he is not forgotten. I am sorry for taking so long for everything. I want to get back to sculpting soon but I need to finish these commissions first.

    Spears! Don't worry, Your grandma is coming soon lol. Sorry I have kept her for so long. I have not been on the forums much so I wonder if you have changed the house much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. INVIE!
    It's all good!
    I haven't done much on the house, all I did was clean out some cobwebs and bug carcases.Lol.

    ReplyDelete