Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Commission Update - Unoas Part 2

At long last, I was able to pick up a good camera from my friend and get some decent shots of the Unoas before I sent them back. I will consider purchasing my own camera once I've raised the funds for a good digital SLR.


02/19/2012- I painted the teeth and inserted them before taking photos. Here is a group shot. Overall the Sist plates are darker and more dramatic because it is how I envision her though there are many renditions of Sist by other artists with a very soft look. Lusis has a softer look overall.





This is the Celestial Pair. Merry Moon and Sullen Sun.





A closer look at the teeth in Merry moon:




White Swan and Black Swan:






A shot of the teeth again:


After President's Day I packed up these girls securely and sent them on their way. L.K. had made a special transportation blanket for them. Here's what it looks like:


The one thing that could help if this is to transport faceupped plates is that the plates need a way to prevent them from rattling around and rubbing on the dome. I cut squares of cardboard and used strips of soft foam sheeting to secure the plates to the cardboard. This way they don't rub against surfaces which can damage the faceup.

Whew. It's a long one. I hope you guys enjoy these. In the future I will probably refrain from such in depth documentation and just show the final result. I think ppl prefer to just see pretty pictures.

Faceup To Do List:

1. Maywong's heads
2. JanetT's heads
3. E. Medina's heads
4. Sergio's head

5. Moogle - srsly needs to be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment