Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Peeks in - Commission Updates

Yes, it's been a while. My family is blowing up, everyone is stressed to high heaven. My body has been so tense that it's been aching for two weeks. Volatile sister (read crazy and sometimes violent) + high stress mom + dealing with my dad's estate = barely a pinprick of light to show the end of the tunnel. Maintaining some sanity through work and painting heads.

Here's a photo of one of Maywong's heads. It is Inuyasha's mom. I've read quite a bit of the manga but we only see her in passing and most of the time she is just sad so I'm not sure how to paint her so I just left a pretty neutral expression. The request was for light brown eyes, blue eyeshadow and red lips. The eyeshadow looks more blue in real life. I wasn't sure if i should go bright but since I prefer not to clash with the red lips I used a darker royal blue.


I will be making an effort to post more and work through these commissions. As I said, after this round is done I will only be accepting BJD commissions. 

2 comments:

  1. You have returned! The head looks great, I love the lips. I hope the stress levels can fall sometime soon, hang in there buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amara!!!! I'm so stressed my whole body aches. The two sides cannot agree (my mom and my sister. My mom cannot sleep and is really upset. My sister doesn't care and just wants to do things how she sees it.

    ReplyDelete