Monday, February 6, 2012

Unoas to go!

So i've been gone for a long time. Sorry guys. It's what happens when I get freelance jobs and I do need to pay bills. However I have decided to stop taking smaller freelance jobs that hold little interest for me in terms of design since they usually end up being really terrible and due to inexperienced clients, they drag on. As a result I should have more doll time and I will reopen. However I will only be taking 5 commissions a month so I have time for my own projects if I'm not getting freelance work and if I am getting freelance work, I will still be able to complete the commissions on the weekends.

Here's a shot of the Unoa faceplates I've had for so long. They belong to L.K. who kindly allowed me to do whatever I wished. I learned a lot working on these plates and I ended up redoing three of them. Lol...yeah...I did. The only one who was painted once and only once is the Sist plate (Sullen Sun). I don't have a good camera with me at the moment so this was taken on my android. I will post better pics soon.


Let me know which one you guy's like the most!

Lusis (White Swan), Sist (Sullen Sun), Lusis Wink (Merry Moon), Sist Bully (Black Swan)

I had such a hard time finding the right eyes for these guys because they like low dome 12mm. I have very few 12mm eyes. The owner even ordered and sent three pairs of 12mm eyes none of which worked well color wise and Sist is harder to fit eyes to.

Anyone who wants to trade 12mm non-acrylic eyes for a $10 discount off faceups, send a pic of the eyes and I'll let you know if I can use them.

Next up : Obitsu alice mods + faceup, MayWong,s heads, J.T.'s heads, + more action figure heads. Yeah, it's going to be a lot of work....after which I will stop accepting action figure heads and realistic 1/6 vinyl heads. I will explain why in another post.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back!
    Thise heads look stunning! I think I like Sullen Sun the most. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome back!
    Oh,I like them all! =3
    But if I had to pick,it would be the Merry Moon because I have a soft spot for the winking plate and silver colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys! I'm glad to be back. I missed BJDs an you guys. The BJD community has a lot of very warm ppl. I will try to post once a week as I was doing before I got caught up with work I wish i hadn't taken on.

    I want a Lusis eventually with plates to switch out. I used to think I would like Sist more but after working on these guys I find I like the Lusis sculpt more.

    ReplyDelete