Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First head mod.

I did my first head mod a few days ago but I didn't finish the faceup until today. The bf picked up some nice new brushes for me to do super fine lashes with and I am astounded at the difference they make. As for the work, I'm pretty happy with the mod but I've found I pretty much suck at faceups on larger heads. Too tired to snap any good photos but here's a quick flash photo to show the details.


These are before and after photos. The top row is the original sculpt. I didn't like the mouth and the nose of the sculpt. The eyes are not symmetrical but I decided against fixing that just yet. Perhaps if i redo his faceup I will change his left eye to match his right. The most noticeable change is that he has teeth now. In the original sculpt, his upper lip was super thick in a weird way with a lot of extra room going back into the mouth so I just carved some teeth out of it. As you can see, the teeth aren't super noticeable from the front. I also trimmed down his super wide nose bridge to create a puggier nose and widened his nostrils a bit toward the septum to minimize the snoutish aspect of his schnozz. In the original the nostrils were set far too wide to look natural.



Not my best work and he's quite uneven. I do like his eyes but his lashes are not as precise as I would like them to be. I think I should be able to get better at this. The eyebrows and lips aren't any good either. Overall he's acceptable but nothing to be excited about. Oh, he's supposed to be a fawn but I need to make his antler nubs. He kind of looks more like a cat right now....

EDIT: Added better photos after I made some small changes to balance him out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment