Saturday, December 3, 2011

Eye See

A look at a little nano Haruka I was commissioned to do. This is mainly an eye comparison and I'm not sure if the owner wants more shadowing around the eyes. On the left is the eye that I was sent which is a pair of 8mm high domed lavender glass eyes and the right is a pink 6mm volks acrylic (probably from glib). I like the size of the 8mm iris in the photo but irl there is major gappage due to the shape of the eye and it's not pretty. I would recommend 8mm acrylics instead of glass just so they would fit better. I actually quite like the 6mm size but then again my preference is usually for smaller iris size for a slightly more realistic look.





In the last photo you can finally see the gapping. Thats as flush as I could get the glass eyes. I'm glad the pink 6mm is in too because you can see how well that eye fits in comparison. (Click the last photo to see it bigger.)

Next up I will be trying to finish the Obitsu Alice (Asuka) and the Unoas. I only did this Haruka first since she's tiny and easy and fast lol. (1/6 heads are hard if I have to paint the eyeball. Takes forever but since I didn't have to paint her eyeballs, she went quite a bit faster. The larger the head the more time it takes to blush because getting a nice smooth texture takes a lot of light layers.) Sorry guys. I also have JanetT's heads to work on T___T. Yes I'm behind but I'm catching up slowly.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like an alien with the lavender eye xD The fits better in any way! :)

    ReplyDelete