Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Paying Bills (What I do for jobs)

I guess ppl must wonder what I do for a living since it seems I spend a lot of time sculpting or painting heads. I'm a freelance designer/animator/illustrator so a lot of times I work from home or if work is slow I have a lot of days off. This is good and bad because when work is slow I get to work on my own stuff but if there is a big lull between jobs I start having a hard time paying off student loans and etc. Lately my dad's been sick so when things were really hectic, I turned down a bunch of jobs which is a bad idea because clients start to forget you exist or think you might turn them down again so they don't ask again. However, a few jobs have been rolling in again and my dad's health is a bit more stable now so things aren't as bad now as they were a month or two ago.

Right now I'm working on an animation for a Dyslexia awareness project for kids. It's not a well paid job but considering the subject, that's okay. I don't want to show anything until it's approved but I can show you some past work.

This is a promotional spot I did for WB Latin America for Two and a Half Men. Considering the hubbub over Charlie Sheen this past month I thought it would be appropriate to show even considering how old it is.

Untitled from winnie tom on Vimeo.



Untitled from winnie tom on Vimeo.



One of the bigger illustration jobs I've done is a comic book to advertise the Toyota Yaris. It was online only through papermag.com. The following are some pre-production images that I made before they finalized the story. (Please click on images to enlarge.)


Here are the cover and some pages of the actual comic. I'm not completely satisfied with the actual comic but I haven't gone back to rework it.


Anyway, I hope you guys like the work. I'm very bad at self promotion so I usually work by word of mouth. I enjoy the work I do for others but I really hope to be able to produce my own work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment