Friday, February 11, 2011

Heads Will Roll!

So I've been sidetracked as I often will be. The moogle is not dead but he's not quite alive yet either. I have done changes but they aren't noticeable to anyone but me. So for now let's just say his pieces fit well together and need to be made all nice and pretty. (Meaning sculpt his cuffs and fix his arms but everything is positioned well.) The armature for Serenity and Endy is going well but I won't post pics just yet.

What I have been working on are heads. Yes heads. Doll heads. I am madly in love with dolls at the moment and I have been painting little 1/6 scale heads. The thing about garage kits is that you have to build before you paint and make sure everything fits when all you really want to do is paint. Behold the doll head! No real prep work. Just start swabbing at it with your teeny brush. Now I also have ulterior motives. I am not painting just for my own selfish enjoyment but also to make some money. All the heads I have painted are up for grabs. In fact I have already sold one.

Without further ado, here they are.

Milla - My "first" though technically my second. She is a favorite for obvious reasons. I hate to let her go but it helps that she kind of has a cold expression though I get the feeling she's the sort of "person" who has a little soft side if only you could find it...but once you find it you'll love her forever. She's been sold though...runs and cries.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Meryl - She is cute and I like her. She seems so haughty and I doubt she wll sell since most ppl really only want the realistic ones.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilly - She is bright and chirpy and not done yet. I need to perm her hair but I haven't had time. I was influenced by the way BJD faces look. I really like the results. Not sure if I'll sell her. I might keep her to be with Meryl.

Photobucket

Rhea (Queen of Hearts 2011) - She looks cold and distant but she's only playing her role. You can see that under the heart face paint her face is flushed with excitement!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stacey (Princess of Hearts 2011) - Young and vivacious, she is sure of her good looks and popularity. She blows kisses to her fans. Very popular in school even though she is still a freshman.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh in case you're wondering what these heads look like before they are painted, here is a photo of three different sculpts for blank heads.

Photobucket


Thats it for now. I will update again soon. I do a lot of forum posting so I figure I will probably end up posting on my blog more often too.

2 comments:

  1. How did Stacey get so popular in school if she is only a freshman? I think I know how... tsk tsk... What is the world coming to? No modesty! Look at Rhea! She is blushing under her makeup! The shame! The shame! Where is the modesty?! This is true evidence of the disintegration of traditional moral values.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahha yeah. I just thought of that as you were typing that up. Eh....kids these days. They grow up fast.

    ReplyDelete